Due to an increased workload Caxton Builders (Midlands) Limited are looking for a new enthusiastic and energetic contracts manager with a desire to help drive our workforce forward, ensure the safety of our operatives and ensure we deliver a quality product to our clients. You must be willing to travel in and around the Midlands and hold a full UK driving license however, you will mainly be based in and around Birmingham (West Midlands).
The majority of our contracts are commercial, completing building works on schools, offices, residential, hospitals, prisons etc. We work with a number of main contractors including Bowmer & Kirkland, Willmott Dixon, John Sisk, Vinci and GF Tomlinson’s to name but a few.
Responsibilities include the financial monitoring and control of contracts, ensuring Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality compliance is maintained, and the Company’s procedures and objectives are achieved. Expected to travel and work in and around the Midlands (Birmingham, Notts, Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Stoke-On-Trent and Sheffield.
• Plan projects and ensure they are programmed to a level of detail necessary for the site team to deliver the scheme without delays.
• Ensure site team compliance with Company commercial policies and procedures.
• Attend tender handover meetings and deliver pre-start meetings to the site team.
• Produce and analyse progress reports, updated costs and forecasts.
• Implement the risk management process, review risk register and check risk controls.
• At times you may be required to undertake duties outside of your key responsibilities.
Health, safety and environmental
• By example, set the highest possible standards of leadership in promotion of H&S procedures and best practice, ensuring compliance with Company procedures and legal obligations.
• Oversee and ensure that H&S-related documents are kept up to date and undertake senior manager site inspections, ensuring that audits and reports are produced, liaising with the necessary parties.
• Ensure that ITPs are produced
• Ensure that the QA File is produced and maintained
• Establish and promote best practice
• Customer relations
• Ensure that works are carried out in a manner which minimises community impact working with Considerate Contractors in future
Key measures & targets:
• Adherence to all deadlines set by Client/Main Contractor
• Ensure final accounts are completed within three months of construction completion
• Ensure KPI measures are met
Please send your CV to Jessica@caxtonbuilders.com or call our office – 01782 289348
Due to the high interest in this role, if you do not hear back from us in 14 days then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful at this time.
Caxton Builders are an equal opportunities employer. Caxton Builders do not discriminate in employment or in the provision of training and education on the grounds of any of the following protected characteristics: age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation.
Caxton Builders has collected and stored your resume and contact details. We process this data for recruitment purposes only.
We would like to keep this data until our open role is filled. [We can not estimate the exact time period, but we will consider this period over when a candidate accepts our job offer for the position for which we are considering you.] When that period is over, we will delete your data.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent